Tuesday, July 5, 2011

A Bit of My Experience

"Just wanted to thank you for the opportunity to be a part of the Resource Fair at Heald College in Roseville. I enjoyed getting to meet people and letting them know about APC's presence in the community. It was great to, in essence, hear people say 'where have you been all this time?' I know that events like this help connect us with the greater community, who, desperately need a lifeline to truth.

"I believe God led me to connect with a woman, who was searching for truth. Attracted to the fetal models, we struck up a conversation pertaining in part, to her pregnancy. What amazed me was that this was not so different from what we, as client advocates, do at the clinic. Except that we may have a window of two minutes versus twenty to connect with a person on some sort of a level...I was amazed to find that this woman was very receptive to hearing the information that was in our pamphlets and the Lord led me in a line of conversation that I knew, was so timely for this woman and would stay with her for a very long time.

Since her vision involves helping other women, I've now realised that it wasn't just this one woman that I've potentially resourced through and connected to APC...it means that I may have resourced and connected a generation of women and men that this woman will one day acquire in her sphere of influence. And the best thing is, they get connected with truth and practical support.

"It was a great learning experience...I'm realising that those people out there, are the same people that may one day find themselves walking through the doors of our clinics because they or people they know will need what we provide."

by Alisa, APC Client Advocate

"

No comments:

Post a Comment